Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, June 2

The Aliens are REAL, and A Vintage Pic

Banner Haus News and Musings

I was sure sorry to hear that the space aliens have been grabbing plants out of other people's gardens, too. I guess their flying saucers can go at the speed of light, allowing them to harvest plants from all over the danged globe.

It's all an alien plot. A garden plot. You've heard of flavors described as "out of this world." Well, that ain't just idle talk. Truly, those recipes are from another solar system -- mayhap the Pillsbury Pulsar or something like that -- oh, you want PROOF? Just think of the cookies called "Moonrocks." NOT just a fanciful name, donkey frens. MOONLINGS from who-knows-what-moon snuck down here and got the ingredients, then skedaddled back up to their moon and started baking. Closer to home, why do you think Martians are green? THEY ARE EATING OUR VEGETABLES. One of 'em is munching on a two-inch-long Hubbard Squashlet right now.

This'll fix 'em. I grew 'em a cat. Try to steal this, suckers! It'll sink its lil' claws right into you!



Free Something-Or-Other
I have the memory span of a gnat. I can't recall what I fixed up for today. So I'll just post it, without any intro. Right-click to save it, whatever it turns out to be.


17 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Julia

    You been sippin' on the bottle you silly donkey? Come now! And I suppose your gonna tell us that Roswell was real and that the lights in the sky are from the mother ship. (Well they probably are...)

    I say the aliens are gray to brown in color and have a hard covering that they can retreat into upon threats from aboriginal life.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    All I can say about this is LOL!

  • Amrita

    Dearest Holly the green hide aliens are not only chewing up my plant they are trying to chew up my brains too.

    I received an emotional battering in the past 2 days hurt by friends I trustede. Deeply hurt. Single, physically challenged, unemployed woemn are treated with disdain.

    Anyway I am not giving up. I will soldier on. God is watching my dear.

    Love the cute kitty, gonna adopt her

  • A Joyful Chaos

    I wish they would take the weeds on their next visit. I have quite an assortment waiting for them in the few garden plots and flower beds here at our house.

  • Debra

    Oh my gosh! You sure have made me smile this morning! I too wish those aliens would take those weeds! of course they probably are not too good to cook with!
    Love the kitty! & the little girl with the bird is beautiful!!

  • Carmen S.

    LOL...a PERFECT explanation as to why Martians are green:) I'm hoping they won't be able to land their spacecraft here due to all the trees, but we'll see, they may find a way around that! Enjoy your day Holly and thanks for making me laugh:D

  • Dawn

    Hello dear. Love that sweet little girl making a perch for the birdie. Hope the cat in a pot isn't too close by!

    Your package will be in the mail today. The first one ready!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Holly you crack me up...next year try sprinkling cayenne pepper on your squash plants...those nasty bugs hate the stuff! I've used it with good success, and it won't hurt the plants at all.
    Cute little kitty...I could use him over here to get some nasty neighbors to move?
    Thanks for the morning giggle...I knew I came here for a good reason! :)
    You light up my life!

  • Knitty

    You think you have problems? I don't have any veggies growing so I get aliens from a different galaxy. They are ultra thin and elegant. How do they stay this way? They use their version of liposuction and since their planet has strict disposal rules, they come to my house at night and dispose of their fat by injecting it in me. I admit I haven't actually seen them do this, but I am a fairly sound sleeper. It's the only explanation that makes sense, don't you agree?

  • Anonymous

    Oh Holly, thanks for a good laugh today! I hope your new guard kitty will work. Smiles, Sally

  • SueLovesCherries

    Oh, the cleverness of you! Holly, you are so witty! One of your best posts yet - and I agree 100%!

  • Doris Sturm

    Love the kitty in the pot ;-) I hope you had a nice weekend and got over the loss of your squash...aliens, those pesky rascals - they ought to be outlawed!

    None the less, have a nice day :-)

  • Simply Debbie

    HAHAHAHAHAHA...YOU'VE BEEN AT WALMART TOO LONG...THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE THE ALIENS...I SHOULD NOT INSULT THE ALIENS...JUST KIDDING.
    I LOVE THE KITTY IN THE FLOWER POT AND THE LITTLE GIRL IS JUST GORGEOUS. SO VERY SWEET.
    IS IT HOT YOUR WAY...WE HAVE A HEAT WARNING TODAY.
    FOR THE MONTH OF MAY OKLAHOMA HAD 60 TORNADOES...THE AVERAGE IS 16-18. THE WEATHER IS ERATIC EVERYWHERE.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY FRIEND
    LOVE, HUGS, AND BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    OH MY GOSH, I ought to write a book that is just the comments -- it would be a bestseller. You gals are so danged FUNNY!!!

    It's great to come back from work and find your remarks!!!

  • Bernie

    I agree, they should take the weeds as well and I don't think they are any color but grey. Well that is what they say on Coast to Coast.
    .........:-) Hugs

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Have you been smokin' dried up squash vines?
    You are the silliest ol' cuckoo nut!
    Love your potted kitty!
    Your alien story is an absolute hoot!

  • Debra

    The aliens are on the move! Something at my lettuce today- in broad daylight never the less!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...