Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, June 8

Too Many Identities to Remember and A Sew-Sew Graphic

Banner Haus News and Musings

Well, I'll choose the necklace winner today and post it tomorrow, drawing from all the comments of today and the past 2 days. I am trying to get earrings and necklaces posted to my new Artfire shoppe BehindTheTimes. I have all of 2 things posted. Wah! 

I like Artfire better than Etsy because it doesn't require people to register in order to buy. 

I hate registering at site after site after site. I can't keep them straight. I can't remember my usernames, passwords, PINS, or any of it! All the geeks say, "Don't use the same user names!" but that means MORE to remember. Guess I'm spoiled, but can you imagine going into an actual store and they make you register before you can buy something?! Argh! I like to just hit that' ol' PayPal button and be done with it! Of course, the danger with that is that it's TOO easy to buy! My eyes are bigger than my bank account, so to speak.


 Vintage Image of Lil' Gals Sewing

It is hard to post with some kind of small gnat walking on my hair. GET OFF, bug!

Here we have the original version and an abbreviated version of some lil' gals busy sewing fer their dollies. I had a restored image of a sad-eyed dog ready to post, but it was just TOO sad, don't want to put a shadow on folks' hearts. We got enough trouble in this ol' world. The lower picture gets considerably bigger when regular-clicked.






18 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Dawn

    O my gosh! These are just toooooo cuuuuuute!

  • Simply Debbie

    OH HOLLY,
    THESE ARE JUST THE SWEETEST, MOST ADORABLE GRAPHICS...I LOVE THEM. THANK YOU.
    THANK YOU FOR THE SWEETEST CARD THAT ARRIVED AT MY HOUSE TODAY. IT IS GOING IN MY TREASURE BOX.
    LOVE AND ANGEL HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Doris Sturm

    What busy little girls sewing ;-) I never liked it. They taught us in school. I guess I'm too much of a klutz - I poke myself with the needle all the time. Needles and sharp things and me don't go together very well.

    Have a lovely day and stay cool!

  • Ruby

    Thanks for the graphics. Love them. :)

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Awww..these are adorable Holly!

    I hear ya on the use of a million different user names and passwords which is why I keep a book on my desktop here and write them all down as I go along...it really helps. There is no way I could remember them all.

    Stay cool and keep them gnats outta yer hair!

    Love and Blessings!

  • Anvilcloud

    I tend to reuse the same pw etc for innocuous sites where it doesn't matter too much if anybody were to hack in. And nobody does anyway.

  • Debra

    I hate trying to remember all of those passwords too- I write them down and then lose the paper I wrote them on!
    Cute graphics! Hope you got rid of that pesky gnat!!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Beyond a certain age....passwords are just too hard to deal with!
    These are adorable graphics today, love 'em.
    Hope all is well in TX!

  • Carmen S.

    Love that lil' sewer, she's too cute! I might have to check out Artfire, haven't sold anything on my selling blog since shortly after Christmas:(

  • Anonymous

    I love these little girls sewing...so sweet. I buy handmade soap from someone using an Artfire store. She has a tab on her Facebook page and I order straight from Facebook. I REALLY like not having to remember another password for this and using paypal. The seller also lets us know about specials and sales on FB. Kinda nice. She also says all the time that she prefers Artfire over Etsy or Ebay. I should work on my blog today instead of cruisin' everyone elses blogs...but it's so fun. Kinda overcast and rainy here today but it's cool thank goodness. I'll check out your Artfire store. Smiles, Sally

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Just the cutest little girls! Love them! I'm with you on paypal, it is much easier to remember than all those dang passwords. I saw your tweet on bike in the compactor...I know exactly what you mean. So much waste, I've seen it too. Heart-breaking, so many could use things if donated :( Haven't ever checked out Artfire though many have talked about it. Should mosey on over there sometime soon. Have a great day, Holly.

  • Angela

    Cute graphics! I've never heard of Artfire. I did notice that you have to sign up for an account to buy from Etsy.

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    I love the sew sew graphic...gonna have to put that one on a sewing basket or some such nonsense. As for Artfire, yeah me too, just a couple of things listed. I have a heck of a time getting it done. I finally got stuff on my Etsy shop, quit selling on Ebay for the summer and well, yeah. Too many passwords not enough grey matter...as is the case in all I do. Stay cool girlie.

  • Denise Marie

    these are adorable graphics. Cute for sewing or quilting groups. I snagged it to make a card or tag for my mom.

  • Crystal

    Oh Holly!
    I LOVE this graphic!!

    It takes me back to summers when I was a little girl - playing "dolls" with my friends.

    We used to try and make clothes for them. With our meager sewing skills, I'm sure our creations were pretty basic, but we didn't know that.

    As we used snips of lace and scraps of chiffon, we thought we were couturiers from Paris, itself! ;-)

  • Bernie

    I do the same as A/C Holly, and I have yet to have anyone hack into my accounts (knock on wood)love the pictures of the little gals, takes me back to another time and place.
    .......:-) Hugs

  • Beansieleigh

    Holly, these are the most adorable little graphics. I couldn't place them on BOTH my blogs fast enough!! Thank you!.. Can't wait to check out your newest pieces of jewelry! ~tina

  • Amrita

    Wow Holly the gals are sew sweet. I remember the needle wrok class in the convent school where I studied. The strict nuns used to teach us. I was all thumbs and never did well, due to my poor eyesight. So I dreaded the NW class- in those days people had little understanding of disabilities.Our physical challlenges were taken for stupidity.

    Thank you for your sweet gifts of love- they arrived safely yesterday.I feel so blessed.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...