Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, June 16

Spittin' Seeds and Trying to Beat the Heat

Banner Haus News and Musings

I think quite a few donkey frens are on vacation...busy...working...outside in their gardens...cooling off in the pool, etc.

That gives me enough privacy to eat watermelon the way it ought to be eaten! On the other side of yer monitor, someone is eating a piece of ice-cold watermelon! Finally broke down and got a quarter-melon!

Here's Big Hilda, by artist Duane Bryers, to show how it's done:






17 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    You are right - the blogs are a bit more quiet in the summer when the kids are home from school. Least that's my theory!

    I almost bought a watermelon from a truck on the roadside on my way home from the market the other day, but then I remembered I didn't have the room in the fridge to chill it properly and what good is a warm watermelon? So I waited. I do have one growing that I hope to eat, well two really, but I'm not real successful with growing them so we'll see.

    Love this Hilda!

  • Dawn

    LOL! I just got back from a little vacation. Been quiet in blogland huh? I tried to do some visiting from the computers in the hotel lobby but my family wasn't thrilled about it so I didn't get very far! Checking in to see how things are going. Did you get the book finished? What a great Hilda picture. I just love her!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • Doris Sturm

    Oh, I love big Hila. I collect those pictures and I don't have that one. Thanks, so much :-) I have some watermelon in the fridge right now and I think I'll have a piece for breakfast. When it's hot like it's been, I could eat watermelon all day - that and frozen pops on a stick ;-) I think hot weater gives me an excuse to be a kid again ;-)
    It's 6:15 am and I'm getting ready to walk the boy or else we can forget about it for the rest of the day...stay cool, my friend :-)
    p.s. it's my Birthday today! Yeahhhhh!!!!!

  • Debra

    Hope your watermelon was good!Love Big Hilda!!

  • Sweet Sue

    I'm here as always! Nice to see BH back, I've missed her shenanigans:)

  • Donna

    I sure do ADORE Big Hilda! She knows how to have fun!

  • Carmen S.

    A girl after my own heart! I think that is my favorite Big Hilda EVER!!! Enjoy spittin' those seeds;)

  • Anonymous

    I've been missing Big Hilda. And she sure is lovin' the watermelon...hope you are too. I buy a watermelon every week in the summer. I cut it up and the grands eat it every day for a snack. Not quite to humid here today=NICE! Smiles, Sally

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Watermelon yum. Juiced, ice cold..with just a touch of vodka on a warm summer evening. Yeah big drinker I am....once maybe during the summer. Otherwise I don't do watermelon, the grands and SM do though, so there is always one in the fridge. Hey girlie girl...get to the store buy the red and white stuff after 4th of July and make those Christmas fairies....you got time, 192 days I think. tee hee
    The Olde Bagg, Linda

  • Amrita

    Big Hilda is enjoy her fruit sans Fruit of the Loom LOL.

    I love watermelon too.

    Have a cool day Holly.

  • Country Whispers

    Yes - the blogworld seems to be awfully quite right now. I guess we are all enjoying this great weather after a long & cold winter.
    Love the Hilda graphic today.

  • Faith

    We were at the local pool today...waterbelly the bestest..I like the way Big Hilda does it...and love that stylin hat she has on...she is a doll.

  • Bernie

    I love this picture.....in fact I am this picture as I have often sat outside eating watermelon...okay so I didn't spit the pits but I still loved being in my shorts and T and eating cold watermelon....yummmmmmm!
    Blogsville is quiet isn't it.....:-) hugs

  • Baggaraggs:

    I love it when it drips off ma chin and dribbles down the front. In Florida we eat Mangoes over the sink. Thanks for your help on the Javascript. One of these days I will stop foolin around with me bloggie and leave well enough alone....nahhh. Robin

  • Anvilcloud

    Big Hilda probably had melon-oma eating in the sun like that.

  • Cindy

    Hi Holly, it is quiet out here. I love Big Hilda, first time I saw her was on Penniwigs, so thank you. hope you are well. take care.

  • Ridgewoman

    No warm watermelon? Have thee never stood in the patch and broken open a melon and enjoyed all the 'side effects' of juice and seed. My Uncle at one time (1940's) had a truck garden and we always had melon as a treat...for the pickin'. Once in a while one would split (quite by accident) and my cousin Trudy and I feasted. LOL
    My youngest (40 something) loves watermelon. One time she was sitting in the high chair and fell asleep in her melon; 'course she did that with spaghetti and beans also. She is impeccable NOW...but she was like the Schultz kid who always had a dust cloud. I'm looking forward now to a good melon....

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...