Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, June 23

Lemons and Limes

Lemonade, lemonade.
Made in the shade
And stirred with a spade.
Good enough for any old maid.

Remember when Amanda Wingfield quotes that in A Glass Menagerie? Of course you do! Such things crowd out useful information, such as phone numbers and HTML commands and how to find the volume of a cylinder. My poor head is stuffed with bits and pieces of books.

The grocery store has had both lemonade and limeade in cartons for sale for 99 cents. This is the real stuff, not the colored water. Usually, it's much spendier. I think they're trying that old trick of gettin' us hooked on it and then hiking the price back sky-high.
I like to put maraschino cherries in mine, despite hearing that such cherries are toxic. I don't care!

Once, in physics class, another student who was long on looks and a bit short on physics (except fer the fact that part of her anatomy seemed quite immune to gravity) brought in some maraschino cherries and showed the class and professor how she could tie a knot in the cherry stem with her tongue. Two people got A's in the class. Foolishly, I studied fer mine. Should have learned the cherry stunt.

You'd think yer about to get a graphic featuring either cherries or lemonade. Well, yer not. Yer gettin' some bathing beauties. The wretches prolly got all A's in their classes, too.

Right-click to save.


15 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    I am still chuckling over the cherry trick, I seen that in a movie once.....I think you were better off studying my friend. Have a great Wednesday......:-) Hugs

  • Doris Sturm

    No, I don't remember it - I have no clue what you're talking about, but then I didn't live here all my life...lemonade is another American thing I learned when coming here. It wasn't a big factor of my youth in Germany...but I do like lemons and always have some on hand. My Grandma used a lot of fresh lemon juice in her salads. She made her own dressig (without majo) I didn't grow up with mayonaisse either. Oh, well! Different countries, different foods.
    It sure is lemonade weather, though, and I wish I had access to a swimming pool.

    Have a wonderful day, m'lady and keep cool.

  • Faith

    Go figure. I like a nice cold glass of lemonade in the summer with lots of ice and lemons. Such a treat. Are those ladies swimming with hose on & Hats? I don't know about that back in the day....A more simple life...but yewwwwww...panty hose swimming can you imagine.

  • Anonymous

    Those swimming ladies sure look cool. Yeah, I was expecting a cherries and lemons pic. That cherry story make me chuckle. I too was one that would just as soon study than try that trick. Enjoy your day. Smiles, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    Ah the days of swimming fully clothed, wonder who's bright idea that was, LOL! It is always better to use yer brain and study than use gravity-proof body parts:)

  • AkasaWolfSong

    I'm of the school of hard study too Holly and I think you were right to do it! I too have seen the tying the stem trick, lol. What a waste of brain energies! I'm wondering how long it took them to figure out how to do that and what they were thinking of while practicing? OY VEH!
    Anywho..the pic is cute and I'm with Doris on wishing I had a pool to dunk meself in! 'Course it'd have to be where nobody else can see me!
    Here's hoping you are staying cool and enjoying your lemonade! That sounds so good I will have to make some today...I like Chicago Tea...1/2 lemonade and 1/2 tea over ice. Yummy!

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Oh my, alien checking in here....Lemonade, the kind your talking about is a weakness of mine...have to resist too much sugar...but I love it too many.....
    I musta lived where the bad girls hung out cuz we all learned the cherry stem trick just to do it. But the innuendo was lost on me until I got older and then, well woulda dun me no good anyway. All those clothes, bras, girdles, corsets, hose....evil inventions by men and marketed to make woman think it made them fashionable.....
    Not me, not then, not ever...I'm just not going there. I'm a rebel without a clue, care or consideration of the consequences, says The Olde Bagg.
    Have a super one Ms. Holly
    and Happy Christmas from Hobby Lobby tee hee
    I love all year holiday stores myself bu cheez whiz

  • Debra

    The maraschino cherries in lemonade sounds wonderful! Never though of it!
    Great bathing beauty graphic!

  • Amrita

    And you got away tongue in cheek my dear Ha-ha, jhust kidding!

    Oh I wish my anatomy was immune to gravity too. I would be floating on cloud 9.

    Today for mama 's birthday for lunch we had paneer (cottage cheese) with peeas in a curry sauce with chapatis ( she wanted that)
    And for dinner I made some ham sandwiches which we had with the Tang you sent. Thank you so much, it waqs so refreshing in the heat.

    Fi9r dessert I made cold coffee with ice cream. Sheeba had her share to.

    Oh I wish I lived near the sea like these bathing beauties.

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Thank you for my first laugh of the day! :) I've NEVER defied gravity (unfortunately!) and maraschino cherries toxic? You're kidding! I've just heard that once an onion is cut it absorbs bacteria so don't use it any more. Ya right, let's change now. The cherry trick..heard about it but never tried it. Guess my world is sheltered! LOL There can't be enough clothes to cover up this body to go swimming in public! ;)

  • strawberrycream39

    My aunt is a nun, and a friend of hers (also a nun) taught me the cherry trick at a family event. Crazy huh? Anyway you're right, toxic schmoxic. They're delicious.

  • Lois Christensen

    Hi! I have an email into my honey. Waiting for him to get back to me with anything he knows about what's going on over there! Enjoy your day!

  • Dawn

    Holly, dear, I'm afeered that a one of your little donkey friends could run faster that that car would go. It is in a sad, sad state!

  • Simply Debbie

    DEAR HOLLY,
    I GUESS I AM A DAY LATE ON THIS POSTING
    I DID NOT KNOW THE MARASCHINO CHERRY WAS TOXIC LITERALLY OR MIGHT YOU BE REFERRING TO OTHER WAYS...SOMETIMES I DON'T CATCH THE JOKE IF THERE IS ONE.
    I CAN'T DRINK LEMONADE BECAUSE OF THE SUGAR BUT I LOVE TO SQUEEZE LEMON IN MY WATER OT TEA BUT ESPECIALLY WATER.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Janice

    Can you imagine swimming in these outfits!? They would weigh a girl down in the water....giggle. Too cute. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...