Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, June 20

Big Hilda Napping -- for Now

I think I love the Big Hildas best when there's some mischief afoot. Her sidekick is about to be in the doghouse, I do believe.

Hilda is the creation of artist Duane Bryers, also known for his propaganda paintings in WWII. His depictions of the Axis leaders did much to strengthen resolve among the American people. I think his paintings of Big Hilda could have done much to strengthen morale among the troops! Alas, he did not begin the Hildas until after the war. Hilda painted on the nose of a bomber would have been a real sight.


13 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Doris Sturm

    Hello and thanks so much for another Hilda graphic. Like I said, I love her and started to collect all her pictures. I don't have this one either, so thanks very much.

    I hope you're staying cool and doing well today. Get some rest, if you can, and give those two dogs of yours a scratch behind the ears from me ;-)

    Miss you!

  • Doris Sturm

    Oooops, so sorry:

    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads in your family!

  • Anvilcloud

    She would have flummoxed the other side had she be been on a fighter plane.

  • Davine

    I love this picture - reminds me of me!!!

  • Carmen S.

    Oh my those squirrel claws are gonna hurt when they run over her, LOL! Love the idea of her on a bomber, even today, that would be awesome;)

  • Debra

    Hilda sure looks like she is resting well! Hope that little squirrel got away!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Awww Hilda...you are a girl after my own sleepy heart!

    Great Pic Holly! Thanks for the sharing with us! Hope all is well in your corner of the world...

    Love and Hugz!!!

  • Donna

    Ha, that is going to be a rude awakening! LOVE IT!!!!!

  • Faith

    I have Big Hilda's bod, why can't her life too? She has it made in the shade....

  • Ridgewoman

    Gotta love a man who loved a curvaceous woman! Every Hilda becomes a favorite, but a few of them are really special ~ and, this is one of those. I'm a major napper. LOL
    Thinking of you this Sunday morning, my friend. xx bj

  • Ms Sparrow

    Keep those Hildas coming! Hope you're staying cool in the terrible heat you've been getting.
    We've been having rain for nearly three weeks!

  • Anonymous

    I need that nap that Hilda's taking...except for the squirrel about to jump on her! What a long, fun day. Hope you had a good one. Miserable hot and humid here today...keep cool and thanks for the Hilda pic. Smiles, Sally

  • Amrita

    On my they should have painted Hilda' s distracting visage on the bombers, the Gerries would have dropped dead at the sight.
    She is a drop dead beauty. The US should use her on tanks and aircraft in their operations in certain parts of the globe, wars will not drag on. LOL

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...