Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, June 5

Pretty Velvet Flowers and Using Blogger in Draft

Banner Haus News and Musings

Going to be 112 here today, they say. That's absurd! What wretched temperatures. I worry for the wild animals and have made a lot of damp spots in the yard for them, and put a lot of water out for the birdies, with seeds right by it so they don't have to go far to get fed. 

I think everyone ought to just lay down with a damp rag on their head. Guess it's time to start pouring cups of water on myself. I'm gettin' too old fer that. Someone might think I've gone loco and am trying to have a "wet girdle" contest or something equally frightening.

Blog Tip
Just reminding you that I think putting together blog posts by using the DRAFT BLOGGER interface is much easier than the usual way. To get to this special beta-based feature, log in via http://draft.blogger.com instead of as usual.

Regardless of which editor you use, don't fergit you can click the lil' Post Options link at the bottom left of yer Composing Pane (the thang you type in). It will allow you to choose the time and date of the post.

Vintage Velvet Millinery Flowers Clipart

Here are some blog doodads, apropros nothing except that I love these old velvety flowers and such that used to trim hats and go on corsages. These aren't the best job, I'll admit. Well, you try to slave over a keyboard in this heat!
Right-click to save.




19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    Well Alberta has warmed up but not near 112, that is far too hot, love how you have looked out for the animals and birds. Have a great weekend........:-) Hugs

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Oh lawdy gal! Well, it's been raining daily for near about a week now as we await the pending oil to arrive upon our shores. I keep praying it'll bypass us, but I know that ain't happening. So anyways, it's been not too bad temperature wise cuz about the time the sun starts steaming up the previous rain, the clouds move in and the rain comes again. 112 is unbearable in my mind, soz I say pour that water right on over your head wet girdle contest or not!!

  • Beansieleigh

    LOVE the floral canning jar!!! So CUTE!.. But wet girdle contests?! TOO FUNNY!!! Oh my gosh, though.. I can't even IMAGINE the temps I've been hearing you're getting these days! On our worst days here, mid nineties, I'm FLYING through the ice cubes, between ourselves and the animals. On days when I feel like I can't even crochet, because it's so hot the yarn is sticking to my hands.. I simply park my self in front of a fan, with my feet soaking in an ice water bucket, with a good book in one hand, and an icy cold beverage in the other!.. Enjoy your weekend, and keep cool as best you can! ((hugs)) ~tina

  • Debra

    Wow! 112- way too hot! The things I sent you are likely to melt!!
    Hope you and your animals are able to stay cool!
    Love the graphics! So pretty!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Holly Bless You Girl for watching over Creator's creatures!!!
    Do try and stay cool...temps like that are so dangerous for us. I've often thought that if everyone shut off electricity for a day each week we'd help the heat in our atmosphere dissapate.
    As for Wet Girdle's....OH NO!!!!! LOL
    Take care woman and I'll think fresh, cool, breezes blowing to you!
    Love the Ball Jar!!!!!

  • Carmen S.

    Those flowers are lovely, the canning jar full is my favorite:) Love the idea of a wet girdle contest, LOL, just imagine how uncomfortable that would be,it would feel like a big ole' wetsuit clinging to the hips:( Try to stay cool and use the ice water at McDonald's drive through as a last resort;)

  • Faith

    112? a WEE bit too for me...you took care of the critters, now take care of ye self. I cannot imagine.. You are so silly, and make me laugh. if it is that hot who would blame ye for having a girdle contest...hot or cold those things are a nusance...and should be outlawed, cruel I tell ya, just cruel. The graphics lovely, I'm having a hard time picking me a favorite one. What a cool idea. Thank you...hydrate yourself ......

  • Lynn Barbadora

    Love the graphic! Stay cool and forget the girdle today.......try a wet t shirt instead!come on over to check out my cool Summer Thyme give away!
    Hugs
    Lynn

  • Anvilcloud

    Odd, I juts came from a blog about the incessant rain out in your northwest.

  • Angela

    Oh, and I'm complaining about the high 80's here in West Virginia! I can't stand hot weather! I don't like it too cold either. I'm a bit like Goldilocks. I like it just right!

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • Anonymous

    Whew, 112, too hot for me. It's very humid and rainy here today. I'm sick of using the AC already and it's only June! But I shouldn't gripe so much, cause I'm glad to have it! You're such a good ole gal to take care of God's creatures. Try to stay cool. Smiles, Sally

  • Knitty

    I was tired of cold, damp weather, and now I have muggy weather but no where near your heat. Just reading that number makes me uncomfortable.

    I'm off to check out blogger in draft mode. What is it that you like about this, or shall I see for myself?

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    112, yikes. If I were you I'd sit in a kiddie pool in the shade all day. Wet girdle contest...girl, you are too too and just right at that.
    Gonna have to give the blogger in draft....I love to follow your instructions and predictions.....that's Mrs. Lemming to you. tee hee. Lead me on Holly.

  • Amrita

    Holly I am full of admiration for your creativity. Such pretty pics. you have on.

    112-my goodness is TX competing with us? LOL. We are round about there too.
    The humidity and heat kicks in my joint pain and dizzy spells, waiting for the rains to come.

  • Simply Debbie

    HELLO MY DEAR FRIEND HOLLY,
    WHO MAKES ME LAUGH, CRIES WITH ME, AND EVEN UNDERSTANDS WHAT I DON'T SAY.
    MY FRIEND, 112 DEGREES IS JUST AWFUL...IS IT DRY HEAT OR HUMID...TO ME I CAN TOLERATE DRY HEAT BETTER THAN HUMID BUT 112 DEGREES WOULD MELT YOUR GIRDLE BEFORE YOU COULD GET IT WET...BY THE TIME I GOT A GIRDLE ON, I'D HAVE A HEAT STROKE AND THE ER DRS. WOULD HAVE TO CUT ME OUT OF IT AS IT WENT SAILING OUT THE DOOR AND HIT A DR. STANDING IN THE HALL...HAHAHA
    I LOVE THE BALL JAR WITH THE FLORALS INSIDE...SO VERY, VERY PRETTY.
    THE OIL SPILL ON THE GULF COAST IS A DIASTER. I SEE THOSE BROWN PELICANS GASPING FOR AIR AS THEIR BEAK AND EYES AND MOUTH ARE COVERED IN THAT DEADLY STUFF...AND THE POOR FISHERMEN ARE TURNING ON EACH OTHER OUT OF AGITATION OF THE SITUATION. IT IS VERY SAD AND I PRAY FOR THE SITUATION TO BE RESOLVED QUICKLY. I ALSO AM SO SORRY FOR 11 MEN WHO LOST THEIR LIVES ON THAT RIG AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN LITTLE TO ZERO OF A MEMORIAL...THEIR FAMILIES NEEDED THEM AND THEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. IT IS JUST SO SAD FOR EVERY BODY.
    I AM SO VERY SORRY YORAN VANDERSLOOT ALLEDGELY KILLED (BRUTALLY), THE BEAUTIFUL GIRL FROM LIMA, PERU. HE LIED SO MUCH ABOUT THE DISAPPEARANCE OF NATALIE HOLLOWAY IN ARUBA AND HE THOUGHT HE WAS OFF SCOTT FREE.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
    LOVE, HUGS AND BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Laurel-Rain Snow

    Love the canning jar, too. 112, you say? WHERE do you live, anyway? I thought I lived in the hottest place (California's Central Valley). We'll be in the upper 90s today...maybe more. But we're having a cool spell. Usually we're in the 100s by now.

    I recently discovered Blogger In Draft, and the design templates. I created one of my newer blogs with this format, which allows three columns, for one thing.

    I know...some people know how to create those with the old format, but not me!

  • Doris Sturm

    I'm not surprised that it's heating up like crazy. Imagine this: if you ripped out all your hair on your head and slathered your scalp with hotwax...would that heat your head up to the boiling point?
    Well, we are ripping out trees out of the earth and slathering the ground with asphalt that attracts the heat of the sun - you can see the heat steaming upward when you're driving on an open road...so why are we surprised we're burning up? Mother Nature is mad as hell (literally) and won't take it anymore!

    Nice thought for a Saturday afternoon, right? I just hope and pray that we can generate enough electricity to keep us all cool beause my A/C is running night and day out here...

  • Nydia

    You know how cold it's here now, Holly! But can't comare with that time in Mins, noinside roof, remember? Brrrrr.! Here I complain because I'm skinny, but the huose is not that cold. It would awesome to have warmer days in Winter! But I know how bad it can get when the heat is too much, specially for the wild life. You're sweet to care about them.
    Do drink tons of water!!!
    And thank you for your lovely words at my corner! :o)

    Kisses and much love from us.

  • Buttercup

    It's a balmy 87 here and it feels too hot. I'm still laughing about your wet girdle contest. If I hadn't given up girdles -- they hurt and won't do much good anyway -- I'm afraid I'd be arrested by the style police for even thinking I could be in a wet anything contest. Keep cool!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...