Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, June 12

Commentitis

Banner Haus News and Musings

Do you have to sleep on yer side or stomach, as I must? If I sleep on my back, it never fails: Sleep paralysis, or a terrible nightmare. My son is the same way. 

Sleep paralysis is pretty scary. Yer awake, but can't move. It's a big motivator to remember not to sleep on yer back, but danged if I don't sometimes end up that way anyways and spend about 10 minutes trying to scream or move. 

Our old dogs seemingly have nightmares, too. They whimper and even howl and we go nudge 'em to wake 'em up a bit. Then they settle down.

Vintage Unhappy Ladies

Here we have two ladies; a photograph and a painting. Both are distressed, because they don't run their anti-viral software often enough and don't have Malwarebytes downloaded nor CrapCleaner, and people can't easily leave comments on their bloggies. They think it's their bloggie content, but they're wrong. It's a nasty virus. It's the blog equivalent of having yer dress tucked into yer pantyhose in back. No one will tell them outright: YER BLOGGIE HAS A VIRUS. So they just suffer quietly.

These graphics enlarge if you click them. Someone must have been clicking on me lately, because I'm gettin' pretty large meself.


 

21 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Home and Heart

    I have experienced sleep paralysis!! It is a very weird feeling!!! I am a side sleeper!! Thanks for the chuckle too!

  • Ruby

    I blame my nightmares on eating ham too late in the day. I can have it for lunch but not supper. Porkchops do not affect me or at least not my sleeping. Someone has definitely been 'clicking too much' on me!! What a laugh! Thanks :)

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    I definately share your sleep problem, I hate that feeling of dreaming your awake, but can't move. I always sleep on my tummy.
    I love the look on your last lady's face.
    Thanks again for my earrings.
    Molly

  • Debra

    I am glas I have never had sleep paralysis! I do have to sleep on my side though.
    I love the pretty ladies this morning!

  • A Joyful Chaos

    I notice that I have more dreams when ever I sleep on my back however they're usually not very scary.

    Love the images. Thanks for sharing.

  • Anvilcloud

    I'm a side guy with an occasional roll onto the front. Cuppa can sleep on her back with no problem.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Holly, I just adore how your crazy mind works! Your subject matter is always a delight...one never knows what you'll be writing about each day. You're better than a free carwash...or a free sample in a grocery store! You're witty and sassy, and doggone it, people just like ya!
    All my nightmares involve my ex. Even after 28 years of leaving that nightmare! Funny how our brains work...even while we're sleeping.
    Your gals are lovely...and I'm still hoping that one day...big butts will be back in style!

  • Carmen S.

    PLEASE tell me if my blog has a virus, I wouldn't be smart enough to know on my own:( I had yet another sleepless night due to the boy/man, it just gets better & better!!!!I think I'll be sleeping pretty good come the end of the month;)
    I've had the sleep paralysis on occasion too, I even read once that it supposedly happens when the soul re-enters the physical body after it's nightly roamings? Not sure if my soul roams or not, maybe it's due more to lack of circulation or something.

  • Doris Sturm

    Oh, my...I wonder if my blog has a virus? I don't have spyware or crap cleaner on mine, just the firewall...I need to have more memory because every time I install virus protection my computer slows way down and I can't deal with it. I figure, if I do get a bad virus and everything comes to a dead stop, I'll use my trusty boot up disk and start my computer from scratch...

    Have a nice weekend, dear lady, and let me know if you have trouble commenting on my blog, please?

    Love,
    Us

  • Faith

    well, I wondered if my blog has this, and wondered to myself if you would let me know, but if it affects the comments..you would have no way of letting me know would you? The dress stuck inside the panty hose...it happens.....I sleep every which way depending on which hip/or knee is hurting me...maybe someday round curvaciious women will be in style again..men will grow tired of the skeleton look, or better yet women will grow tired of looking like skeletons...and fill out the curves got gave us.

  • Anonymous

    I think someone has been clicking on me too...I'm sure that's what it is, teehee! I'm a side sleeper. Any other way hurts my back. Have you ever went to bed so tired that you don't even move through the night? I've done this and boy am I ever sore in the morn. Thanks for the pics. Let me know if you ever have a prob. commenting. Thanks loads. Smiles, Sally

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Oh my now you've explained my situation. All this time....I've been walking around being a zombie back sleeper with my dress tucked in my panties. As for being clicked on...on no we are way past clickin, chicken. You are a scream...and I mean that in a good way. The Olde Bagg.
    If'n it's me that has the bug, please send out smoke signals. I'll be looking toward the east.

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Well I surely hope my blog doesn't have any nasty viruses...I do use the Crap Cleaner and Malware and Spyware Cleaners too. So give me a shout if yer havin' problems on my blog!

    Don't have problems sleeping on my back...I have to sleep that way due to a car accident I was in three years ago...I can't sleep on my side anymore. I've never been a stomach sleeper so that isn't an issue for me. I think we just have those paralyzing dreams sometimes and probably from fears or phobias that we have during our awakened states?

    Anywho...have a great weekend Miss Holly and cute graphic Ladybug! :)

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    I sleep on my side but it's just because it's more comfortable to me. I could not imagine having sleep paralysis!! Is it because of a pinched nerve?

    Oh Holly!! Whoever it is, can't you enlighten them/us? I have all sorts of high dollar protections on my computer for malware and spyware and viruses and my sites have been certified clean by Norton so I sure hope it's not a problem on either of mine you are having. I've not had a problem trying to comment on anybody's site myself so sure wish you would clarify for your readers!

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Infected bloggies of bloggie frens, in my humble opinion:

    Some of those with short-legged doggies! No not you CDM.
    Some of those with lots of prims! No Deb P not you!
    Some of those with lots of scrapbooking! *sneeze*
    Some of those who are posting only once in a blue moon! *zips lips*

    Okay, that last one was a weak attempt to force posts out of frens!

  • Denise Marie

    Holly, of course all of us want you to be honest with us about if you think there is a virus on our bloggie. But, I know you have better things to do like pick daisies. lol

    Funny you say a big ol' sweat ball. I constantly have a sweaty upper lip when I go out in this thick humidity. I have to sleep on my side...I flip from 1 side to the other all night long.

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Oh my dear Holly, I have no idea if I have the problem with my blog but I KNOW I don't post enough lately. My life seems too uninteresting to share these days, busy as it is!! It's very interesting all the sleeping habits...I have been forced to sleep on my back because I have a bad hip and it's been a hard adjustment...but no sleep paralysis. Probably snore more though :)

  • Jacquelyn Stager

    Never even heard of sleep paralysis! I'm definitely a side sleeper though. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog the other day...now how would I know you are a giraffe? LOL! I don't think I have a virus but oh my gosh if you ever thought I did, I'd take you serious, so please let me know!

  • Buttercup

    Actually one of the big adjustments of post 50 years is not being able to sleep on my stomach. I got a frozen shoulder -- no kidding -- and after extensive medical tests learned it wasn't a heart condition. I now have to sleep either on my side or back. But I can now raise my arm up. Totally true -- though it's still pretty unbelievable to me.

  • Amrita

    Plenty of chikles in this post.

    Someone 's clicked on me plenty. Gotta get rid of at least 10kgs because of that.

    I have never suffered from sleep paralysis-so far. But Sheeba and I do have our nightmares and day ones ' too. Ha-ha.

  • Amrita

    Sweet Holly I wanna say I love the little ditty you have posted under the banner. You are a beauty

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...