Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, February 23

Yr Yearly Free Potato

Banner Haus News and Musings:

Free potato graphic now available.

Here we have a tiny baby Texas potato, as is our yearly tradition. 

Oh, don't try to fool this lil' donkey, I know you were waiting fer it and were about to start squeaking, braying, and perhaps even stomping about wanting yr 2010 Lucky Spud.

In other news, SNOW. Fer Pete's sake!

MERCY, THE SNOW DONE TURNED MY HEAD ALL AROUND, HERE'S THE DANGED POTATO AT LAST:


Vintage Free Postcard Image:

Fer those greediguts who want an extry image, mayhap fer a sidebar, here is one to right-click and save. Or, regular-click it and let a larger image load and then save it if you want it large. "Greedigut," by the way, is a very old word, not in use in too many places anymore. But our family used it regularly, and sang this lovely little ditty about me: "Green-eyed greedigut, Stay at home and eat-it-up."


20 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    I am so enjoying your wonderfuly Easter photo's, I have saved them all to my computer and will use them soon. I have so much fun coming here.........:-) Hugs

  • Crystal

    Ah, this is a pretty one, Holly! :-)

    Love her hat and also the way the little chicks complement the sunflowers!

    Thank you, as always!

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    This is a pretty one too! I really love it.

    I received my winning bird nest today and was delighted!!! It is adorable and I was so excited like a kid in a candy shop. I will be blogging about it very soon! It really lifted my spirits and you know I must show it off. :)

    Did I hear that right? Snow? What is going on this year with the southern cold. I heard we have the low 20s heading our way too - just when I thought we might have some signs of spring wanting to show.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    Snow here too.

    But then again, I *am* in New England ... and it *is* still February ... so it's expected.

    Stay warm and safe!

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Good morning Ms. Holly, I love the pretty Easter Lady. I have her saved for Easter.
    Yes the big loggerhead is Levi, he is such a big baby...lol...and of course you'd never catch the Princess out hunting, she is too prim for such nonsense...she will make her daily tour of her subjects, but it is not with nose to the ground, like a common hunting dog. Oh no, it is with head held high and tail straight up in the air..she makes a circle around the pasture, checks out all the cows and the other animals runs a few squirrels up a tree to show them she's still boss and then heads back to her throne. She is such a snob, doesn't want Levi or Katie near her and makes that very clear when she sets foot out the back door. If they make the mistake of getting to close she reminds them with a very loud (for a little girl) growl.
    Hope you have a great day
    Molly

  • Carmen S.

    How lovely and the plumes on her hat match the furry bottoms, lOL! hope you get rid of that snow soon, we are getting more all week too:(

  • Simply Debbie

    GOOD MORNING MS. BANNERHAUS,
    I AM WRITING TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR MAR-VEE-LESS EDITORIALS. MY FATHER LORD TANNERBAUM USE TO SPEAK OF THE BANNERHAUS'S. DID YOUR FAMILY VOYAGE FROM ENGLAND?
    JUST MAKING YOUR DAY FUN, HOLLY. YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH.
    ARE YOU KEEPING A CAN OF VEGETABLES WITH YOU AT WORK...THE RULER MIGHT BE A LOT BETTER.
    THIS GRAPHIC IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE IT. I AM A GREEN-EYED WHATEVER YOU SAID,
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
    HUGS AND LOVE
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Debra

    Beautiful Easter graphic !
    Snow! Hopefully it will warm up & melt away!

  • Amrita

    Then lady with chicken looks like Scarlett O Hara. She is so elelgant.

    Got some rain today, the weather isn cool.

    I am on Face book, not Twitter, but I tweet or bray here.

  • sjhackney

    Thanks for the pretty Easter pic. Sally

  • ClassyChassy

    Nicely done!!! Easter will be here soon, but hope the snow leaves first!!!

  • Debra

    Hello Hello! I was grinning foolishly the whole time I was reading your post...Your place always makes my day!!!
    Love ya!Debra

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Well! No one was mean enough to say HEY YOU BIG DONKEY, where in tarnation is the alleged free potato graphic you were goin' on about???

    Finally posted it.

    The snow has me all messed up. SIX INCHES of the frightening stuff!!! Argh! Nothing to some of you, I know that. Just strange and unusual out here. This here global warming is doing something awful to our winters, snow over and over.

    Stay warm m'dears!!! Southern donkeys, this may blow yr way!!!

  • Julia

    I was kinda wondering what was going on over here... Didn't want to trouble yer snow frozen brain over a simple potato... But frozen is as frozen dose. :)

    Have I told you how happy I am that I don't have to go to a different browser to leave comments??? Well, I am way happy!

  • Angela

    Oh no Holly! I think you are gettin all of the snow that we usually get here in WV. It just rain today but snow tomorrow and the rest of the week. The kids are already going to school until way into June because of all of the snow days!

    I'm afraid I don't know the story about potatoes for St. Patrick's Day but it is a cute graphic nonetheless!

    I love the little chickies with the lady!

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    And me I thought you were talking about the potato in the sidebar there! :)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh no...and you hate being cold! How thoughtless of Mother Nature to dump on you like that!
    Love, love, love all of your graphics today. Here's spud in yer eye!

  • Ms Sparrow

    I love all the hens and little chicks. The potato doesn't really "speak" to me.

  • Anvilcloud

    Thanks for your visit, and to answer your question, the palm tree was not Photoshopped. There are a number of them around English Bay and elsewhere.

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Ms. Sparrow, that potato is speakin' to you, very politely, too. Yr just anti-potato, admit it!

    Anvilcloud, I'm amazed that those palms can grow there in Canada. I thought you were just playing a little joke on yr bloggie friends...

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...