Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, February 18

HORSEWHIP ME NOW, and A St. Pat's Lovely Lady


Banner Haus News
Let there be no "told-you-so's."

Comments have commenced. Some heartfelt emails have convinced me to just relax a bit and not have my chaps in a knot and to stop worrying about having an "obligation-free bloggie," which was actually rather preying on me olde mind, and just let people leave comments if they like. I never felt like I pushed anyone to comment over at Penniwig's -- at least I hope no one ever felt obliged. Never meant to hurt feelings by turning comments off, either.

The comments were what made Penniwig's interesting, actually. I just sat back and let me olde readers do the work fer me.

Mayhap the Banner Haus readers will do the same! But I'm still a clam and I ain't having a thing to do with yr antics!!!

Comment if ye like, don't if ye don't. Tarnation!

I'm hoping for lots of TWITTERING, actually! Guess a bloggie can have both. 

Old-Time Lore:
Make yr sewing repairs last a long time by running yr length of thread over a little piece of beeswax or paraffin before stitching with it.


Vintage Postcard Image:
St. Patrick's Day painting from the brush of Ellen Clapsaddle, who created many thousands of postcard images during her career. This elegant lady seems to be getting a jump on Easter Bonnet season.

Right-click to save. Clicking on one of the posted images will often load a larger image.


27 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Good morning sweetie. Glad to be able to talk to you again. No, told you so's here. I have felt the same, sometimes. Can't sleep for coughing, so wanted to check in on you. Love the little lady in green. Have a good day.
    Molly

  • Carmen S.

    Helllooooo!!!! You know this little donkey loves to leave you comments! That is a GREAT sewing tip too, wish I would have known that when my son was younger and I sewed up holes in the knees of the jeans....now they have INTENTIONAL holes:(

  • Buttercup

    Not a one I told you so! Nice surprise for a winter morning and I have been itching to leave a comment or two.

  • Debra

    Good morning! Lovely graphic! Nice to be able to comment!

  • Faith

    GOOD Morning Dear Dame.....it is nice to chat with you again.

  • Sarah

    Well, glad that's over. Welcome back!

  • sjhackney

    Ol' Gal', love your new blog. Thanks for the pretty green girl and letting us comment. Sally

  • Anonymous

    Hello Miz P. I have found you and don't want to bug you, but I would like to offer you A WOW pin. Please go to my blog and on my profile find Woman of Wisdom blog and pick up your pin. I have followed you for a long time and know you are the kind of woman who would wear this pin in pride. Be sure and read the origin of it. It is your choice to accept or not. Blessings
    QMM

  • Anonymous

    Yeah.. it wasn't fun not being able to leave you a thank you or little note. Not that I wasn't looking but I just like to say hi from time to time :) Thank you for opening back up. Love ya girl!

    Hugs,
    Stella

  • ClassyChassy

    Howdee! Glad you let us back in to comment - I KNEW you'd MISS US! **hugs**

  • xashee's corner

    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! thank you for the WONDERFUL graphic AND for opening up comments! Have an AWESOME day, m'dear! :)

  • Knitty

    Ahhhh, my life is normal again! :) Of course the down side to this is that I will no longer be able to blame you for being abnormal, something my family seems to think is my usual state. Hmmmm, maybe abnormal = normal in my universe? Now I am all confused and need some chocolate to soothe my furrowed brow. Don't worry though, I'll put the chocolate in my mouth and won't leave streaks on my forehead. I'm not THAT abnormal!

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Somebody give an ol' gal an aspirin or two...or three...I can see these commentin' donkeys are going to be TROUBLE!!!

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    Good afternoon Dame,
    It's good to see comments again! I knew you'd be missin us! *smile* That lovely lady in your graphic is going on my blog for St. Paddy's Day. Thank you.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • Lady Farmer

    How nice to be able to say *howdy*! And *thanks* for the great St. Patty's image!
    Blessings!

  • José

    YEAH!!! I can talk to you again. I told you so... :) Missed you, like the new blog, love the green lady, feel like hugging you! You made this grey day sunny!

  • Victor S E Moubarak

    It's good to have the facility to accept comments. Readers can then tell you how much they appreciate your great Blog.

    Thanx.

    God bless.

  • Donna

    Marty is bouncing up and down with joy! hip-hop-hooray!!!

  • Gwen

    I can talk again! I am so blankety blank excited!

  • strawberrycream39

    Now that is great news! :-) Darn it though, someone mentioned chocolate above, and now I must have some. These comments can be trouble...

  • The Joy of Nesting

    Howdy Ol'WG Rosey here!!

    Glad to see you are back in the saddle again. Welcome to your new Bloglandian digs!! I like the way you have decorated. Stop by when you have a minute or two, I miss seeing your cute little face!!

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan (now known as the tropical rain forest) Mx.

  • SueLovesCherries

    YAY! YAY! YAY! WHOO, HOO!! HUZZAH!

  • Amrita

    A VERY LOUD HELLO/ROAR TO YOU FROM YONDER CYBER SPACE

  • Amrita

    You better approve this this donkey who makes an ass of herself all over

  • Dawn

    LOL with mouth firmly zipped!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • LADY JANE

    Yahoo...ride them comments cowgals! Happy Trails to you dear..dame..oh oh...I mean ol' western gal!

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, can 't send you an email my gmail account is stuck. Want to tell you that I have sent you a small packet with friends returning to then US. They will arrive After March 5th

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...