Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, February 26

Potato Mania


Banner Haus News and Musings:

Howdy lil' donkey frens [and any lurking burro acquaintances]. Top o'the cyber mornin' to ye...

Attention lil' ones, I still carry a flail, but I have added a lovely lil' piece of barbed wire (correctly pronounced "bob whar") to it, to keep everyone in line...now you donkeys be good to yrselves and we'll all git along.

Now you made me sing! "Git along, lil' donkeys, git along, git along"...ow, that hurt yr poor ears...

Quote:

"My friends, there are no friends."
      - Coco Chanel

Vintage Image Freebie:

First, more potatoes. My bloggie fren Ms. Sparrow didn't cotton to my last potato. Got my ire up. I thought to myself, "Myself, what can you do to irritate the poor woman further? Post MORE POTATOES!"


And here, from someone's old studio portrait, a colorized gal. She looks like she's about "give up" on gettin' any sensible comments out of her donkey frens, if you wuz to ask ME.

I think if you regular-click on the potatoes, they get BIGGER. Undoubtedly the image is hosted in Texas.



16 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Buttercup

    I see a lot of french fries here. This little donkey likes them taters.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    hahaha moody are we?

  • Amrita

    Upon my word if those are baby potatoes then what are grown up ones like? LOL

    Everything 's BIG in TX as I 've heard.

    You read my mind I an going to get a sackful of spuds from the veg. market and make potato salad.

    Why can 't chicks dress like that these days too. I likes them old fashion.

    PS Those taters have a lot of horse power.

  • Amrita

    Dear Holly, if it is possible can we have a photograph of your dogs and cats. ..since you can see what most of your donkeys and colts look like.

    This ass wants to say Howdy to your pets.

  • Bhavesh Chhatbar

    Yes, those potatoes get bigger!

  • Carmen S.

    LOL....I wondered how long you'd be "flail-less", I think a bob-whar one is the way to go too, make sure you have it with you at work:)

  • Donna

    The look on that girl's face is priceless!

  • Debra

    You can always make me smile! Gotta love those taters!!

  • LADY JANE

    Of course! This lil' donkey has been on the loose..got her lil' ass lost and now shows up just in time for talk about a flail and barb wire... So typical of me! So how ya'll been ladies??? Misses ye all...Hope to be back bloggin everyday really soon!

  • sjhackney

    Hi Holly, thanks for the big potato. When I was a young 'en, we used to say "bob whar" too. Was that 100 years ago? Hmm... Have a good one and use that flail if needed. Sally

  • Country Whispers

    Holly,
    I think I will just stick to the grapefruit and know that you mentioned shrimp as pets I have a whole other reason not to eat them.
    Enjoy your weekend and hope you won't need that flail.

  • Ms Sparrow

    Ms Sparrow is nonplussed! I didn't mean to disparage Texas potoatoes. I might mention however, that the Red River Valley in western Minnesota produces some lovely potatoes, as well.

  • Angela

    Those is some big taters! Love em!

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • strawberrycream39

    I see that look on my daughter all the time! Like, "Mom! Give me a break!" LOL And the potatoes are great...make me want to cook up some fries!

  • Dawn

    Oh, I've seen that look before! I didn't know they grew taters in Texas.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Yon maiden looks as if she may have 'tater fever.
    She has an unhealthy cast to her mug!
    That tater wagon is sure loaded.
    Loaded baked potatoes sound good right now..that I've seen a visual reminder!
    Love your shamrocks!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...